Teacher - Secondary English & Religious Education
Job no: 492970
Work type: Full Time
Location: La Salle Academy, Lithgow
La Salle Academy, Lithgow
A Co-educational school years 7-12
Secondary English & RE Teacher
Full-time Permanent Position
For Immediate Start By Negotiation
La Salle Academy is part of the Diocese of Bathurst, in the Parish of St Patrick’s, Lithgow. Our school is on the eastern edge of Wiradjuri country, with staff and students honouring this heritage in our community.
Applications are invited from the above position from qualified and innovative educators who demonstrate a sincere commitment to the aims and philosophy of Catholic education and possess appropriate teaching qualifications.
Suitable applicants for this position will be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to work as part of a team and to plan and teach collaboratively
- Understanding of, and commitment to the Professional Learning Community framework
- Good public relations – ability to communicate with children, parents and school community
- Ability and demonstrated capacity to participate in a range of school activities, e.g. school sports, sacramental programs, liturgies, school camps/excursions
- Good oral and written skills
- Leadership qualities
- Experience and proven record in effective learning and teaching skills, including management of mixed ability classes
- Ability and willingness to accept policy directives
- Capacity to embed digital technology into teaching practice
- Teaching experience across various Stages
Further details of this position can be obtained by contacting the Assistant Principal, Rachel Hughes via email on email@example.com
Applications are to include a covering letter addressing the selection criteria and CEDB application with supporting documentation and the names of two professional referees including the most recent Principal/Employer or Final Internship/Practicum Supervisor (for beginning teachers) and a Parish Priest if required.
Applications close: 18 August 2022 at 3pm
A valid Working with Children Check Number is required for this position and must be provided at the time of application. To obtain a Working with Children Check Number visit www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au or call (02) 9286 7219.
Child Protection legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening
Catholic Education Diocese of Bathurst is an equal opportunity employer.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now