Job no: 493490
Work type: Part Time
Location: St Lawrence's Catholic Primary School, Coonabarabran
Categories: School Support
St Lawrence’s CPS, Coonabarabran
A Co-educational Catholic Primary School, Years K-6
Part Time Temporary Position
44 hours per fortnight
Commencing 2 February 2023 – 5 February 2024
Welcome to St Lawrence’s Catholic Primary School, founded in 1888 by the Sisters of Saint Joseph. The school is widely regarded for its family atmosphere, educational outcomes and for its all-round success, particularly in the area of Agriculture, Science and Engineering, and NAPLAN results.
Applications are invited from qualified and innovative educators who demonstrate a sincere commitment to the aims and philosophy of Catholic education.
The successful candidate will be able to clearly demonstrate:
- Possess well developed verbal and written communication skills
- Training and Experience in the administration of such programs as Quicksmart, Reinforced Reading, Minilit
- Able to engage positively with students in a school and classroom setting
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Possess sound computer skills
- Positive attitude and effectiveness working in a team environment
- A willingness to support the Catholic tradition and ethos in the workplace
- Able to work independently
- Ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Previous experience in a similar role
- A capacity to work collegially and collaborate within a diverse team
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, punctuality and adaptability
- Willingness to contribute to the co-curricular life of the school including coaching sporting teams, and attending school camps and retreats as required
- Characteristics that provide a positive role model to students at the school both in their professional and personal life Remove
- Capacity to create safe and supportive learning environments for students
- Effective management of student discipline and related matters
- Ability to work collaboratively with the Class Teacher
For further information contact the school on (02) 6842 1732
Applications are to include a covering letter addressing the selection criteria and CEDB application with supporting documentation and the names of two professional referees including the most recent Principal/Employer or Final Internship/Practicum Supervisor (for beginning teachers) and a Parish Priest if applicable.
Applications close: 8 December 2022 at 11.55pm
A valid Working with Children Check Number is required for this position and must be provided at the time of application. To obtain a Working with Children Check Number visit www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au or call (02) 9286 7219.
Child Protection legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
Catholic Education Diocese of Bathurst is an equal opportunity employer.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now